Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

May 6th, 2018 13:00

U2715H, vertical line, misaligned fast charge USB port

Hi,

I bought this monitor a few years ago. The fast charge USB port on the back of it has never been usable. Only half of the port is visible so it looks like the circuit inside is not aligned with the hole in the casing. I decided that it was not worth returning as I was happy with the picture quality and did not want to start a lottery of having replacements sent that may have been worse.

Cut forward to a few months ago and a vertical line had appeared about 20% from the right of the screen, extending down about an inch. Initially, I could just apply a small amount of pressure using a cloth and the pixels would start working again, but this no longer works.

I disconnected everything from the monitor and ran the button 1+4 test and this seems to show that the red LED's along the line have failed. Blue and green screens showed no problems, but the problem was really obvious on the red.

Any idea where I stand with this? I suspect I am a couple of months over the warranty, is there anything that can be done for products just outside the warranty period?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 7th, 2018 08:00

As with any warranty agreement between parties, the purchased warranty has a defined end date. There are no free extensions of this end date.

* Was this U2715H purchased directly from Dell?
* Send me via Private Message the U2715H service tag number and the 20 digit serial number

No Events found!