Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 10th, 2015 10:00

U2715H with a pixel defect

Hello,

I received my new monitor yesterday, i was happy because i got a good panel with minimal almost none IPS Glow, but now i have found a bad pixel with defect, its noticeble in all colors except in the black. I sit 60cm away from monitor and i can always see the pixel when i look to its location.

Im posting some images taken with my smartphone:

Any way to fix this or any recomendation?

Thanks

7 Posts

thanks for the anwser,

It can be seen on black, but i need to put my eyes very near of that pixel and focus on that point, i can notice a black dot. When i said except black in  talking about normal use and distance.

Also i see many people with problems with this monitor (ips glow at very high level) and mine got almost none, there is a new rev of this monitor or its A00?

Also i will like to ask if is possible pixel self heal and get back to normal over time?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Because it is not seen in the black, that means it is a dark pixel defect. You would need 6 or more dark pixel defects to warrant a like for like monitor exchange. Inside the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date, you may return the monitor for refund.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 10th, 2015 11:00

I have only heard of A00. Possibly give a pixel exerciser a shot. You need to run the U2715H Built-in Diagnostics page 55-56. Post pictures of the black and white screens.

* Download/save smartUDPixel.exe to your windows desktop
* Turn off all Windows power management and screen savers
* Run the software
* Click and drag the blinking box to cover the pixel
* Let it run for 15 minutes

7 Posts

June 10th, 2015 12:00

Ok i have run that software over 15 minutes and didn't fix the pixel. I have ran the test but i think my 8MP smartphone is not good to capture a small pixel at my distance, however here is the link: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../dell.zip (ZIP with all test steps). The bad pixel is in a vertical line aligned with the first button. I have included a screen with mouse near the pixel. Is possible in the future more bad pixels appear? I fear have a bad panel and by somehow 1 bad pixel turn in more bad pixels. Also i have one question off this topic, if you can help me. This monitor (Dell U2715H) doesn't come with a DP-DP cable, only a DP-mDP. My question is about performance of the cable port, is a DP-DP cable different than a DP-mDP cable? Or does the mDP have the same capabilities and power as the normal DP but in a small factor?

Thanks

7 Posts

Ok thanks.

By somehow my last reply is bad formated and link not clickable or working heres the link again: dl.dropboxusercontent.com/.../dell.zip

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

In looking at the pictures, I would not replace it. But that is your call.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

Same capabilities (DP to DP or DP to mDP). Read this for exchange instructions.

7 Posts

June 10th, 2015 14:00

yes I think I'll do that, panel overall is perfect and minimal glow as i said before.

Thanks for all the support

7 Posts

June 11th, 2015 09:00

Hello again,

I have one more question about the monitor

On menu we can change the response time:

- 6ms G2G (Fast mode)

- 8ms G2G (Normal mode)

Default is normal mode, by using the Fast mode what will change besides the response time?

Does it OC the monitor and reduce the life time? Or image quality is reduced for better response times? Whats the impact of the fast mode setting?

7 Posts

After a research i found the awnser at www.tftcentral.co.uk/.../dell_u2715h.htm (Response Time Setting Comparison)

"With the Response Time setting now switched up to the 'Fast' mode, response times had improved a little to 8.7ms G2G average. However, this was at the cost of some noticeable overshoot which was probably too high to make it practical for most uses. The overdrive was being applied too aggressively here, trying to reduce response times further, but introducing too many side-effects sadly. The 'Normal' mode was optimum on this model we felt. This was a shame as we had hoped for response times closer to the 8.7ms offered here, but without the overshoot problems which had been introduced."

Theres always side-effects, i will stick with Normal Mode :)

Thanks again for looking

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

No idea. That data is not provided to us in the manual.

No Events found!