Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

June 16th, 2019 09:00

U2717D, pink hue

This U2717D worked fine for two weeks, then when I switched it on it displayed in a "pink hue.". If I unplug and replug the HDMI cable it displays fine. If I unplug and replug the power cord it works fine. If I turn the U2717D off and on using the power button it displays in pink.

Any thoughts?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

June 17th, 2019 14:00

* Click my Dell-name and private message me the U2717D service tag number and 20 digit alphanumeric serial number
* From whom did you purchase this U2717D?
* Run the U2717D "disconnected from PC/stand alone" Built-in Diagnostics, page 50. Be sure to turn it OFF, disconnect all video cables, then turn on and continue with step 3. Post pictures of the colored screens

June 17th, 2019 15:00

I don't see the private message option but thanks for your response.

I purchased this at Costco and they are great about returns so that may be the easiest way to get it fixed.

This is connected to a security system and I would suspect security system except it works fine until the on/off button cycle.

I've run the diagnostics and have reset the monitor to factory settings (just in case) but I still get the pink hue.  

Replaced the power cord and got the same results using the on/off switch but when I used the surge protector on/off switch it worked fine.

My guess is something in the monitor on/off switch.

Thanks for your help.

No Events found!