Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 16th, 2018 21:00

U2718Q Disconnecting External Hard Drive

I recently bought a U2718Q, which is hooked up to my 2016 MacBook Pro via Displayport to USB-C

I have an external USB 3 drive plugged into one of the ports and when I put the MBP to sleep and then wake it up after hours of sleep, there are dozens of notifications of the external drive having been disconnected improperly.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I've been manually ejecting and mounting every time I put it to sleep now for fear of damaging the drive

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 17th, 2018 06:00

As you can see in the image below taken directly from the monitor page, the Apple proprietary hardware, operating system, and drivers were not tested/validated by Dell.

U2718Q.JPG

Because there are no supported Apple operating system drivers, Dell cannot know how the Apple operating system is installing the Dell monitor USB hub. Nor can we speak to any issues because of the lack of supported Apple operating system drivers. Since we at Dell are not trained in the usage of the Apple operating system, you should ask the Apple users on their Forum for troubleshooting opinions.

No Events found!