Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2017 13:00

U2913WM died after 4 days?

I just bought a Dell U2913WM 21:9, it died after just 4 days. I barely got to use it. Played a few games for a couple of hours + lots of web browsing (well as much as you can do in 3-4 evenings). Bought it from an online store here in Finland. (Tietokonekauppa.fi) Got it last Tuesday (January 3rd).

I have never had a product die this fast before, think it was my first Dell product. I mean I liked it for the few hours I managed to use it. Had a very sturdy stand and thin bezels, appart from 1 dead pixel every thing was fine. Good price too, well considering it only lasted 4 days perhaps not. *sigh*

I liked the 2560x1080p aspect ratio since it's not all that much more demanding than a regular 1080p screen for gaming, and the same amount of pixels vertically as my laptop.

The screen just suddenly got full of vertical blue lines and shut off. Won't turn on again. Only the LEDs above the buttons turn on when you press the power button. Can't open any menu and the screen remains pitch black,

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 19th, 2017 13:00

Apologies for missing your post. Did you return this to reseller and get a refund or exchange? To see when it was manufactured, what was the 20 digit serial number?

4 Posts

January 19th, 2017 23:00

The reseller told me to contact Dell directly, I tried to do so online by using the support page. First it redirected me to the german site and I made a ticket there, but I can't read much German so I'm not even sure I did it correctly. Later, yesterday I made another support ticket on the Finnish page, which did send me an automated email reply as confirmation, the first ticket on the German site didn't send any confirmation email.

I know everyone have told me I should just call the support but I'm Swedish speaking but live in Finland and I speak next to no Finnish either. So I was hoping to resolve it online, but that might not be working. The Serial number is: CN-09DD4K-74445-5C2-BWYL, says it was manufactured Dec 2015. If I check the information about the product on the Dell site it says it was delivered a year later December 1st 2016. I personally got it on January the 3rd this year (2017).

Some sort of "Express service code" for the ticket was if that is of any use.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 20th, 2017 06:00

I removed your private express service code. Check your private message for a link to that U2913WM warranty page. Because you purchased it used from a reseller and not new from Dell, Technical Support over there should give you a 3 year warranty from the build date of 12/2/15 to 12/2/18. I would still go to the reseller and demand an exchange or refund.

4 Posts

January 20th, 2017 07:00

I didn't buy it used, at least not as far as I know. It wasn't advertised as used. It cost full price (405€). Probably been in a warehouse for a year. I don't think the online store I bought it from sells used products.

On the Warranty details page it says:

Start date (GMT time zone): December 01, 2016. End date (GMT time zone): December 01, 2019

The store I bought it from doesn't sell the model anymore, they had roughly 10 when I ordered mine. They had 1 left a week ago. I think it's likely this model has been discontinued, which might be why they asked me to contact Dell directly. This display came out late 2012 or early 2013, found a review of it from January 2013.

I guess one shouldn't buy old models that are likely to be discontinued at any moment.

4 Posts

January 20th, 2017 08:00

I did get a reply from Dells Finnish tech support this morning so hopefully it will be sorted out. Seems my first support ticket that I posted over a week ago just got lost somehow.

No Events found!