Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 30th, 2012 06:00

U3011 Onscreen Text

I have been using an Apple 30" Cinema Display with my Mac Pro for years. It finally gave up the ghost and I purchased the Dell U3011 and plugged it in last night.

I have noticed that the text on my new Dell monitor (particularly in Safari or Firefox) seems much "finer" and "thinner". It's almost as though it is not as anti aliased. The text on sites that use a light typeface almost start to lose part of the letters.

I have it plugged in using DVI at the maximum resolution using AdobeRGB as my profile.

November 30th, 2012 08:00

Okay, I found the answer. The problem is between Snow Leopard and external monitors. I found this article which solved my problem. Note, that after following the instructions in Terminal you need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

hints.macworld.com/article.php

2 Posts

December 5th, 2012 00:00

Okay, I found the answer. The problem is between Snow Leopard and external monitors. I found this article which solved my problem. Note, that after following the instructions in Terminal you need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

hints.macworld.com/article.php

Brand new U3011 here connected through original DVI cable to my Mac Pro OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

From the very beginning text smoothing was effective only in Game and Multimedia preset modes.

Same thing after following instructions in Terminal and rebooting (I know, instructions were set for Snow Leopard, but I've tried nevertheless).

Any hint on what may be wrong ? Thank you.

2 Posts

December 5th, 2012 03:00

Okay I've connected the monitor via a Display Port-mini Display Port cable, and everything went back to normal.

No Events found!