Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

4 Posts

January 1st, 2023 11:00

U3223QE, turns off when connected USB-C laptop goes off

Hi,

I bought U3223QE (so far amazing product) and have it connected to my desktop via HDMI and with USB-C with PD to my working notebook (Dell Latitude 7430, 2022), switching between them with KVM etc., the usual stuff.

I have this problem, that every time I turn off/go to sleep/hibernate my notebook while connected to the U3223QE via USB-C with PD, it also turns off the U3223QE itself, regardless of the status input coming from desktop (HDMI). I have to turn on the U3223QE via button on the back of U3223QE which is really annoying (sic!).

For example, I'm working on notebook, switch to my desktop, I decide that I had to end my work and hibernate the notebook. While the notebook goes to hibernation, U3223QE switches inputs and I can work on desktop for a few secs, but immediately when notebook powers down, the U3223QE turns off (led indicator turns off).

Turning U3223QE on turns on connected notebook, even if I don't want it. Complete scenario: notebook goes to hibernation, U3223QE turns off, I'll manually turn U3223QE on so I can work on my desktop but that turns on connected notebook, so I have to disconnect the USB-C cable from notebook and hibernate again. That's SUPER ANNOYING!

I'm considering returning U3223QE because this is a serious problem for me. Can this be turned off somehow? Is it a problem with notebook or U3223QE?

Thank you for any help.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

January 1st, 2023 15:00

Open the online U3223QE User's Guide to page 43 and read the section on on DPBS. Then go to page 56 and read the section about Auto Select for USB-C.

4 Posts

January 2nd, 2023 12:00

Hi Chris,

thank you for your quick response.

• DPBS - how is the documentation for different product (i do not own any OptiPlex system) relevant to this situation?
  • How is the Auto Select relevant to this situation?

Please explain, I don't get it at all.

Another example, today I returned from office and while I was working on my desktop I connected my laptop (while hibernated) to USB-C with PD. It turned my monitor OFF! I don't want this kind of work interruption at all. What is so hard to not turn monitor off?! How do I decouple the monitor state from the state of USB-C connected device?

Please help me. How can I connect my laptop and not having monitor all the time being turned off. I don't see a clue here.

4 Posts

January 9th, 2023 09:00

Any response or advice? I'm tired of constantly having to turn on the monitor, it's seriously debilitating issue. IMHO buggy firmware in monitor.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

January 9th, 2023 10:00

DPBS - how is the documentation for different product (i do not own any OptiPlex system) relevant to this situation?
* The point of me having you read page 43 was to show you that the DPBS hardware is built into the monitor. There is no way to disable or turn off the DPBS feature within the monitors. DPBS is also supported with many Latitude  and Precision laptops.

How is the Auto Select relevant to this situation?
* Because you are connecting a Latitude laptop via USB-C. My hope was that by changing the Auto Select for USB-C to No, your issue might stop.

4 Posts

January 9th, 2023 13:00

holly molly, I feel really deceived, to say it very calmly. After searching a little bit, I've found out these:

This "feature" of yours is nowhere mentioned in the promo materials propagating this monitor, but

This "feature" of yours is crippling every other feature I bought the monitor for and that are advertised everywhere. 
Code of Conduct which all agreed to when joining. DELL-Admin>

Where can I get a refund? Seriously, will Dell refund me? Because I just passed by a few days time, when I can return it hassle free.

Community Manager

• 

54.4K Posts

January 10th, 2023 05:00

Here is the Dell USA return policy. We cannot speak to return policies for other countries. Users outside the USA should contact Dell Support in their region.

No Events found!