Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 4th, 2015 09:00

UZ2315Hf headphones not working

Dear Team,

Since I have bought the monitor UZ2315H I have not found a single way to make the headphone jack working. More specifically, the headphone jack does not output sound to any headphones nor responds to any microphone of a headphone/mic combination I have tried.

The rest of the monitor works perfectly in all combinations - camera, speakers, microphone - ,driven over HDMI and USB 3 connection. When I insert a headphone jack nothing happens, the monitor just continues putting out sound from the speakers and responds to the monitor microphone only. No sound comes out of the headphones no matter which device I assign as sound device and mic device form the OS.

I did call to the Greece Customer Service on the phone once, a couple days after the purchase, but did not receive any usable information. They just requested me to send them my request in written.

Model: UZ2315Hf
Serial Number: CN-04FNJT-72872-43Q-AMTS

Revision A00

Driven over HDMI by a Sony VAIO SA, VPCSA2C5E Laptop

Windows Pro 8.1 64bit

Tested on various video cards, including AMD Radeon HD 6630M and Intel HD Graphics 3000

Available video ports on the laptop are 1 HDMI and 1 VGA

Using HDMI out form Sony to HDMI(MHL) 1 in

Using the original delivered HDMI and USB cables.

Resolution is 1080p

Purchased over www.computeruniverse.net

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 6th, 2015 04:00

Nope. Get it exchanged. The replacement will be refurbished if outside of the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date.
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open, "My 24" or smaller monitor does not have a Service Tag?"

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 4th, 2015 10:00

* The monitor USB 3.0 upstream cable is connected to the monitor bottom USB upstream port and the other end is connected to a USB 3.0 (blue) on the computer
* Connect the headphones to the side port
* Start music playing from youtube or an MP3 on your computer
* Right click the Sound icon on the Taskbar
* Click Playback devices
* Choose the monitor so a green/white check appears on it
* In the same window, click the tab Recording
* Choose the monitor so a green/white check appears on it
* Click Apply- OK
* Make sure that the Mute is not turned on, button 2. Then press button 3 several times to raise the volume. Do you hear audio through the headphones?

4 Posts

February 4th, 2015 16:00

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the guidance. As described, all is are correctly connected and the monitor speakers/mic work correctly when playback device is set either to "monitor" or "Echo Cancelling Speaker phone". Microphone can be set only to "Echo Cancelling speaker phone" since there is no "Monitor" option available.

I can hear/record sound only over the monitor - i.e. speaker and monitor-mic - . Not over the headphone jack. Similarly, it does not swich over to the headphone jack when I insert a plug.

(Btw all my headphones work well and are tested on other devices as well)

Regards,

Theodore

4 Posts

February 6th, 2015 02:00

Any ideas Chris what may be the issue Chris?

Thank you and regards,

Theodore

No Events found!