Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2012 00:00

Vertical lines on U2410

Hi again all,

Another problem with my second-hand U2410f...

The monitor works fine playing games - but occasionally, very suddenly, the image will go weird, showing brightly coloured vertical lines, about 5mm wide, over the whole screen.  The original picture is just visible, a sort of ghost image, like a photo negative.  The only thing to do then is switch off both PC and monitor, restart - and screen is normal, until the next time.  It does this on two PC's, one with integrated and one with discrete graphics, both running XP.  The monitor only does this when playing games (Civ4, SpiderSolitaire - not demanding titles); not encountered this problem when web browsing. showing photographs, etc.

Any guesses what the problem might be?  I'm hoping it's an XP driver issue, which will be resolved if I upgrade Windows; but I've not had this happen with either of two older monitors I've got. 

1.8K Posts

December 28th, 2012 00:00

Hi raleigh48,

Most likely it appears to be an issue with the video driver of your computer. To isolate this issue, you can try alternate known monitor on computer and see if it exhibits the same behavior. Another step you can try is to uninstall and re-install the video drivers on your computer. If it is a Dell computer, you can follow the steps below to uninstall and re install the drivers:  

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Display adapters”, you will find the video driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system and click on the below link: http://dell.to/OukFUO  
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system. 
  • You will find the video driver under “Video”. 
  • Click on the video driver depending on the video card your system has. (Install the same video driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”. 
  • Click on “Download File”. 
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”. 
  • Save the driver on your desktop. 
  • Double click on the saved driver and follow the prompts on screen to install driver. 

Check if the issue is resolved or not. Alternatively, you can also run a monitor self test to see if it is an issue with monitor. The self-test feature of the Dell U2410 monitor allows you to check whether your monitor is functioning properly. If the monitor and computer are properly connected, but the monitor screen remains dark, you need to run the self-test feature. You can follow the steps below to run monitor self test:

• Turn off both the computer and the monitor.
  • Unplug the video cable from the back of the computer. 
  • Turn on the monitor. 

A floating message box appears on screen with a black background, if the monitor is working correctly but cannot sense a video signal. While the monitor is in the self-test mode, the power LED remains blue. Also, based on the selected input, one of the dialogs shown below will continuously scroll through the screen.

• This box also appears during normal system operation, if the video cable becomes disconnected or damaged. 
  • Turn off your monitor and reconnect the video cable; then, turn on both your computer and the monitor. 

For more information on this, you can refer to link:  http://dell.to/RVK4OL

Please share the findings. 
No Events found!