Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 7th, 2021 06:00

WD19, compatibility with HP E24Q G4 monitor?

Dear,

please, can you help me with using of more displays to the dock station WD 19? 

Laptop: Latitude 5511

Dock Station: WD19 (305d363)

Monitors: HP E24Q G4 (2x)

There is a problem, when I use dock station for both monitor - connect via display port 2x (cables) or 1 cable display port-display port, second cable HDMI-HDMI

the second monitor has only resolution 1280 x 1024 max, but monitor is ready for 2K

Only, what there is functional, when one monitor is connect to the dock station and second directly to laptop ...

I tried to connect between monitors and to one cable to dock station, doesn't work too ...

9 Legend

• 

14K Posts

May 7th, 2021 08:00

@John_Zee  The WD19 is a regular USB-C dock, not a Thunderbolt dock. And the Latitude 5511 only supports DisplayPort 1.2/HBR2, not the newer 1.4/HBR3 standard.  As a result, the WD19 when paired with that system can only run dual displays up to 1920x1200 each or a single display up to 2560x1440, plus some small amount of bandwidth that's being used to run that second display at a lower resolution.  If your Latitude 5511 was ordered with Thunderbolt 3, which I believe was an option on that system, then you could get the WD19TBS instead, which with that system will be able to access 4x more video bandwidth, enough to run dual 4K 60 Hz or triple 2560x1440.  If you don't have Thunderbolt 3 or don't want to get a different dock, then connect one of those displays to the HDMI output on the Latitude 5511 itself so that its bandwidth requirements don't have to be met over the dock link.

In terms of how many displays you can run, the display outputs on that system are wired to the Intel GPU.  The NVIDIA GPU only operates indirectly via NVIDIA Optimus when needed, so it doesn't matter here.  The Intel GPU in that system supports up to three simultaneous independent displays, including the built-in display if it's active.  But you also have to have enough bandwidth for the display setup you want to run.

2 Posts

May 7th, 2021 06:00

And how many monitors can use for the dock station with this laptop? There are two graphic cards - integrated and MX250 from Nvidia

No Events found!