Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2005 19:00

Yellow flickering tint over monitor! Help urgent!

Hi, i recently bought a dell dimension 3000 computer with the Dell E773p monitor. Recently I have started getting a yellow flicker over the screen. Sometimes it does not come on for a long time but then other times it will stay on all the time. It varied in darkness, sometimes with only a slight tint and other time it is extremely dark yellow. I can also see the screen shaking slightly. This is highly anoying as i am a student and rely on my computer for graphics and multimedia work. I would be gratefull for any help at all. Thank you very much.

Mike C

Message Edited by micas28 on 02-14-2005 03:44 PM

February 14th, 2005 22:00

The same happens to my monitor.... it gets yellowish in the top right corner.... sometimes when I smack that area, the tint dissapears...:smileywink:

4 Posts

February 14th, 2005 22:00

Thanks for the reply! The yellow on my screen is all over the whole screen, ive tried givving it a smack but nothing happens. Anyone have any sugestions??

February 14th, 2005 23:00

Hmmmm well, im more of the "physical type" so if a good SmAcKdOwN dosent work... then i dont know

4 Posts

February 17th, 2005 14:00

can anyone else help me with this? surely someone else has had something similar to this??

1 Message

March 2nd, 2005 09:00

I too have the same problem. I've not found a solution. I've tried makeing sure all the cables are firmly plugged in, which they are, and it has made no difference :smileysad:

I'm thinking off getting my monitor replaced under the guarentee.

It also keeps occasionally making an annoying high pitched whine, this is periodically remedied with a firm "pat". However this doesn't always fix it.

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2005 14:00

Yeh, thats exactally the same problem with mine, I also get the high pitched noise now and again. I think i may follow you on this one and try to get it replaced, its bloody anoying especially when im trying to either work or watch DVD's.

Thanks for the reply!!

Mike

No Events found!