This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 3rd, 2003 13:00

cleaning E171FPb screen?

Hello - what household solution can I clean my E171FPb screen with? Thanks

10 Posts

March 3rd, 2003 19:00

hi tedflo,

I use a wet rag with only water - just wet enough so that dust won't scratch the surface.  Then I use a soft cloth to dry, in large circular motions.

If you absolutely need to use a solution, there are  products out there that you can purchase at computer stores, but I heard that a mild dishwashing liguid will do.  I wouldn't make it too sudsy.  Only use just enough to get the grime off.

I clean mine regularly, so grime doesn't accumlate and plain water does the job for me.

Message Edited by Bygdaddi on 03-03-2003 04:45 PM

6 Posts

March 7th, 2003 11:00

thanks much bygdaddi!

10 Posts

March 8th, 2003 14:00

you're welcome tedflo

1 Message

December 10th, 2003 03:00

Here is the info. from the user manual for the E171FPb monitor:

# To clean your antistatic screen, lightly dampen a soft, clean cloth with water. If possible, use a special screen-cleaning tissue or solution suitable for the antistatic coating.
# To clean your Midnight Gray display cabinet, avoid using detergent of any kind. Detergent leaves a milky film on plastics; particularly the darker colored ones. It is best to use a lightly dampened warm cloth to clean the cabinet.
# White powder substance, due to shipping, may appear on the plastic or near bezel edge. If you observe this, simply wipe it off.
# Darker color plastics may scratch and shows white scuff marks more than lighter-colored display. Handle your Midnight Gray display with care.
# Do not use benzene, thinner, ammonia, abrasive cleaners, or compressed air.

More at:
http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/monitors/E171FPB/English/maintain.htm
No Events found!