Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2011 11:00

signal lost problem with Dell U2410

hi there

i have the Dell U2410 REV A05 and it gives me the total same problems like it gives to these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19358979/19846183.aspx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/p/19371102/19846625.aspx

the screen lose signal  most of the times when there is sudden change in the colors, like.. when i see something that have white color all over the screen (like google home page) and then switch to other site that all of it skins are black, the sudden change between the white and black make the screen to lose signal for something like  4 secs and it really annoying when it happend in the middle of game or movie

it seem that this problem happend because the screen's "power save" mode  not get along with any type of video card especially with SLI (mine is the geforce 295 gtx ... muti gpu )

i replace this screen allready twice (not to mention that Dell tries to trick me in the beginning and try to give me version of REV A04 claiming there the REV A is only part of the "serial" number.  i also notice that i got that screen twice with at least one dead pixel.

and also for some weird reason the screen mess up my printer color profile and not matter what i tries (i even happend to format because of certain problem) it seem the printer just can't  print with normal colors (and yea.. i know how to change colors profiles and even how to cancel my OS from detect it automatically and letting me choose), But when i switching to my old screen WALLA!  the printer back to normal....

why Dell keep selling that screen while they full aware of it's problems?  are they just trying to make fast money over naive people?

12 Posts

August 8th, 2011 11:00

also there is by any chance a driver that can fix that problem when the screen lost it signal?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 10th, 2011 22:00

You do not mention what monitor and video card ports your using when it does not awaken.

The only two revisions that made hardware changes were A01 and A02. The 3/4/5s your seeing were given that number change due to non-hardware related changes made at the factories in those regions.

The U2410 Driver A02 has the latest Beta ICM version 3 embedded in it.

If using Firefox, remember to load it in Firefox- Add-ons- Color Management- Preference- All Images.

* Open Control Panel- Hardware and Sound- Display- Change Display Settings (left hand pane)
* Select Advanced settings- Color Management tab- Color Management
* Check the "Use my settings for this device" box
* Click on the Add button
* Scroll down until you find DELL U2410 Color Profile
* Double click it
* Click on Set as Default Profile and close the Color Management screen

You need to play with the settings to find the best fit for your PC. The various preset modes set at the factory and available on the OSD (On Screen Display) Menu are meant to cater to a wide variety of display scenarios. Certain color gains are enhanced in specific preset modes to deliver a richer display eg for movie, gaming etc. However, it may still not be ideal under certain viewing conditions due to individual environments and preferences even though such color presets are aligned and 100% factory checked to be within specifications.
- Press the monitor Menu button to launch the OSD Menu and display the Main Menu
- Down arrow to Color Settings
- Change from Standard to Custom Color
- In Custom Color, you have the ability to adjust the color representation of the individual level of Red, Green, and Blue. The gain setting will enable the individual intensity of Red, Green and Blue primary colors to be optimized for best viewing experience and should alleviate the Color Gradation and Color Temperature. The default setting for customer colors are preset at 100,100,100 which represents a neutral setting
- In cases where there is a need undo any color setting changes, you may select Menu- Color Settings- Reset Color Settings to revert the color preset selection back to factory defaults

12 Posts

August 11th, 2011 09:00

thanks for your help but i still have some qusetions

1. first i use the DVI ports  from my screen and my video card (geforce 295 gtx)

2.i not use firefox but thanks

3.the  DELL U2410 Color Profile you mention  is not in my list (thats why i ask for profile in the first place.....)

how do i get one? do i need to instell some kind of driver? i remeber i get cd with the screen and i try it's driver before my last format and i not saw any changes at all.... so i don't bother to reinstall it in my pc again (cause windows auto detect my screen anyway), does the A02  version you mention  is some sort of new Beta version that can fix it? or it just the same driver i got with my screen?

also what i do  to fix lost signal  problem? (it really annoying)

4. i allready use  Custom Color mode (without change the colors in it) and i use Brightness 30

and Contrast 48, but from what you mention  here:   en.community.dell.com/.../19314620.aspx

i assume  that the best settings are:

Standard Mode Calibrated

Delta E average 0.2

Delta E maximum 0.7

Luminance 119

Black Point .22

Contrast Ratio 541:1

Brightness 30

Contrast 50

am i right? cause i really don't understand the Delta-E  stuff but  from what i understand the best option is when the average level and the maximum level are lower...am i right?

5. also ... it doesn't matter what i do.. i keep seeing the pixels "points" in my screen.... and i use the last resolution (as the screen was set to begin with)  and move the screen far away just in case ..and i still keep seeing them ...  am i just imagine things or that my eyes just sharp? cause when i see movies i start to feel like i see alot of dead pixels... but when i check i only was able to fine one dead pixel ... (i check in different colors by the way) , also the same "problem" (if u can call it one..) was in my last u2410 Dell screen before i replace it with that one via the dell support . so what can i do to stop seeing these "points"? cause in other screens that working as the same way as IPS screens i can't see them...

1 Message

August 23rd, 2011 07:00

I had what sounded like the exact same problem with lost signal to my U2410. It began yesterday and I just figured out what it was after reading this forum and googling around without finding an answer.

I had put my cell phone on the monitor stand and that was enough to cause these problems. These monitors seem to be way too sensitive for interference, but moving the phone 30cm was enough. Now the problem is gone.

Maybe thats not the problem you are having, but obviously a cell or some other electronics (lamp, speaker etc.) can cause these problems.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

September 4th, 2011 11:00

As I just reported elsewhere I've had something similar with my 2408WFP since I bougt it and this may be the first time I've heard what may be causing the issue. My two front and center channel speakers actually touch the monitor so I wonder if that is whatbis causing it to go black. Could you Include links to some of the articles you found?

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

September 10th, 2011 12:00

Does anyone know, or can point to a review, how the u2410 compares to the ASUS PA246Q?

No Events found!