Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2009 08:00

sp2309w camera not found

hi all

my first time on here

recently bought a 2nd hand monitor, well pleased with it but can't get the webcam and mic to work at all

for a start the disc supplied won't auto start but i've managed to install the drivers by exploring the disc manually. loaded the webcam central software but it says no webcam connected or similar??

have uninstalled drivers and used the ones on dell website, with no success

have checked the usb port and it works for sure, its a brand new cable, but the only one i own, so apart from this being a duff cable are there any other suggestions??

i've read somewhere that some business versions of this monitor have these facilities disabled, maybe i've got ex business model?

cheers

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 5th, 2009 13:00

bixieupnorth,

Verify that the SP2309W is listed in the Device Manager- Monitors. If not, the driver is not installed correctly.

The monitor upstream USB port cable must be connected to USB port on the rear of the computer. You must be using the Dell supplied cable. The other end connects to Bottom View #7

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

on the monitor.

The Dell Webcam Software Suite includes the following applications:
- Dell Webcam Centre enables convenient access to all exciting applications to enhance your Dell Webcam experience.
- Creative Live! Cam Avatar Creator lets you personalize an animated avatar from any digital photo you want. Using advanced speech technology, your personalized avatar even lip syncs with you. Share creation with friends using Live! Cam Avatar, via email or even YouTube™.

If you have this installed, here is the Guide.

No Events found!