Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2010 15:00

u2410 fails to recover from sleep mode

I've seen variations on this problem but not concrete solutions.  I have a pair of u2410 monitors.  I love them, they are beautiful.  However, sometimes, after going into sleep mode, the number 2 monitor won't recover.  I am running:

Precision T5500, Win 7 64 bit, Nvidia NVS 295, Using Displayport  cables, Latest (197.28) Nvidia drivers, latest BIOS (A04).

Sometimes if I bring up the Nvidia control panel, I can get the #2 display to light up.  Most of the time, it causes the monitor to come out of sleep and then immediately complain that there is no input signal.  Note that when it does this, it displays the DP icon in the upper left so I know it hasn't switched to some other input port.

This situation often leaves me with no recourse but to restart the machine.  Any applications running on monitor 2 are lost...

There is possibly a related issue that occurs when you accidentally hit the VERY EASY TO HIT power button on the #1 monitor.  The system can go bonkers trying to find a usable monitor.  After you repower #1, it just keeps cycling between brief periods of apparent startup and then no signal detected.  I'm pretty sure this particular issue is a Video driver problem (did they think of that case?).  However, I saw mention elsewhere of these monitors being sensitive to some delay or another.  Do I need to get mine replaced?

Thanks for any help!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

April 15th, 2010 17:00

What happens if you use the Input Source Select button and cycle back to DP? Does it wake up?

No Events found!