Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

February 14th, 2004 14:00

video card problem?

im using pentium 3 and nvdia 256 geforce. recently, when i was using my comp, there appears some disruption in the image quality. I restarted and from then onwards, my comp can only be use with 16 colors and with the screen area on 640*800. also, while starting my computer, the words will be mixed up and a lot of exclamtion marks appear. futhermore, there are cyan and sometimes red lines flashing on the screen when im using the comp. Also, most of the time when i presses shut down, it usually restarts and i have to off the power to shut down the comp. I don't think its a problem with my monitor as i attached it to my old cpu and its working very well.

pls help me.

thanks a lot

1K Posts

February 14th, 2004 19:00

Sounds as though you need to reinstall you video card driver.

15 Posts

February 15th, 2004 01:00

it didn;t work at all. i downloaded the lastest driver from nvidia and after installing, its still the same. And there's something starnge. i saved the installation file on my desktop but after restarting, it disappeared!

Also, when i on my comp i get the "Your displaying settings are incorrect or your adpater type is....." error

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

February 15th, 2004 01:00

boot to safe mode, go to device manger, remove all Display adapters & monitors (there may be more than one) ok, then reboot & see if the video drivers don't install

15 Posts

February 15th, 2004 02:00

its still the smae after reinstalling.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

No the INF files are still on the system.  They will autodetect

15 Posts

of i remove them, do i need the disks to reinstall? cause i don;t think i hvae them with me.

15 Posts

February 15th, 2004 10:00

so does anyone knows how to solve this?
No Events found!