Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

December 20th, 2018 07:00

Backup FS 2012R2 Hyper-V Cluster

Hello everyone,

I have a 2012R2 Hyper-V cluster with 4 nodes. I've created 4 clients for each node and 1 client for virtual cluster name. Each node has NetWorker and NMM. When I start group with virtual cluster name it backs up only VMs hosted on current cluster owner node and ends successfully.

The VMs on the other nodes do not backup at all or even attempt to backup (they are skipped). When I move core cluster resources to a different node it will backup only VMs which hosted on that node. I tried many suggestions I found here and still backs up only VMs on the cluster owner.

i get the following error :

108258:save: Could not perform initialization to move Cluster Shared Volume C:\ClusterStorage\Volume1\DN-VM to specified backup server 'hyp10.domain.ma'

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you

12 Posts

January 4th, 2019 06:00

How did you create the Hyper-V cluster resource in NetWorker?

Have you used the wizard? If not - try it again with the wizard.

The application information should include the "NSR_FEDERATED_BACKUP=Yes" parameter as well as the NSR_FEDERATED_PSOL=node1,node2,node3,node4 (replace node by fqdn of your nodes) parameter.
It also should have the NSR_FEDERATED_BACKUP with either csv or smb (depending on your cluster config). But basically the wizard should ask for all relevant information and should also set the correct parameters.

The NMM Hyper-V documenation provides step-by-step manuals on this.

No Events found!