Start a Conversation

Unsolved

1 Message

September 5th, 2022 20:00

Backup failing for Windows client

174920:save: Step (4 of 6) for PID-14536: Contacting the NetWorker server through the nsrd process to obtain a handle to the target media device through the nsrmmd process for the save set 'D:\'.
175297:save: Unable to set up the direct save with server 'xxxxxxx.com': Client 'xxxxxxx.com' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server..
175299:save: Cannot open the 'save' session with 'xxxxxx.com': Client 'xxxxxxxxx.qasgx.com' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server..
174921:save: Step (5 of 6) for PID-12176: Unable to connect to the target media device through the nsrmmd process for the save set 'E:\'.
xxxxxxx.com: E:\ level=full, 0 KB 00:00:00 0 files
Completed savetime=1662404690
90014:save: The backup of VSS emit save set 'E:\' failed.
175297:save: Unable to set up the direct save with server 'xxxxxxx.com': Client 'xxxxx.com' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server..
175299:save: Cannot open the 'save' session with 'xxxxxxx.com': Client 'xxxxxxxxx.com' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server..
174921:save: Step (5 of 6) for PID-14536: Unable to connect to the target media device through the nsrmmd process for the save set 'D:\'.
xxxxx.com: D:\ level=full, 0 KB 00:00:00 0 files
Completed savetime=1662404690
90014:save: The backup of VSS emit save set 'D:\' failed.
99123:save: Handling an abort while processing Windows backup.
90117:save: Unable to perform the ASR backup: cannot obtain the VSS MBS status.

176571:save: Step (4 of 5) for PID-10084: Unable to complete the backup of the disaster recovery save sets. See the savegrp log to track the closure steps of the backup.
176572:save: Error occurred during the backup of the disaster recovery save sets.
--- Job Indications ---
xxxxx :pseudo_saveset: retried 1 times.

2.4K Posts

September 6th, 2022 08:00

So what? - The reason for the problem is stated very clearly:

Client 'xxxxxxx.com' is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server..

Why? - no idea. As you did not state anything else, only you could know.

So why don't you simply delete the client resource and re-define it?

September 8th, 2022 01:00

That might be perceived as putting things a bit harsh, however they are completely true (and sadly something I see way to often, not only on this community).

At times I wonder what posters expect "them people on the internet" to be doing with this kind of limited information?

Magically guessing any context or even what was tried and looked into to resolve the issue? So posters simply copy/paste some output without even trying to guess what the errors actually might mean and then hope for the best? These normally tend to be questions that I simply ignore as I'd expect at least a bare minimum of effort from a poster really... as I wouldn't even know where to start asking questions due to complete lack of any context or further information.

If someone does not try to first help themselves, then it is also not that easy for others to help...

If you are lacking knowledge to do so, then I'd advise many a poster to start reading into actual documentation of the product they are using.

Also when posting here on an open and free community, I always assume the worst that there is no support contract, so possibly also no or limited access to documentation and KB articles. If I wouldn't have access to the bare minimum, I wouldn't be able to do my job. Then my support could be "best effort" at best.

If you consider something important, then you'd have support. Period.

No Events found!