Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2007 10:00

Cloning saveset in another storage node

Hi
I would like to know if it is possible to do this configuration

I have one Solaris Server with Legato, two libraries attached and an array for disk backup. I do SAN backup to tape and to disk, also clone all(disk and tape) from the server to the secondary library. Now I have installed a HP-UX storage node with disk backup and also two drives from one library and another two drives from the other library. I want to use the storage node for

1) Backup to disk No problem with this, configured yet
2) Clone backup disk to drives No problem with this, configured yet

3) Clone the tape backups done by the Networker server(Solaris) ???????

Is possible? How can I do?. If I try to clone with the storage node a saveset copied by the server, it always try to clone with the server and not with the storage node. I have changed the storage node and clone storage node of the client, but I think the problem is the "read host name" defined in the properties of both libraries, that is the name of the backup server.

Thanks in advance

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

You will need to script this and change read hostname before actual nsrclone line.

30 Posts

The problem is with the Clone volume that is mounted in the server and not in the storage node. Should be a solution to have another library with the Read host name of the storage node?. Do I have another solution?.

Thanks,

30 Posts

March 29th, 2007 01:00

Could you explain me how?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

March 29th, 2007 04:00

With nsradmin your force read hostname to required value and then execute cloning.
No Events found!