Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

September 1st, 2013 02:00

DAG autocreated Mailbox server cannot browse Unable to Ping UDP networker 8.0.2 with NMM 2.4.1

The setup is having 4 Exchange mailbox servers in 1  DAG

Mailbox Server 1 is having 28  Mailbox Active and 28 Mailbox Passive from Mailbox Server 2

Mailbox Server 2 is having  28  Mailbox Active and 28 Mailbox Passive from Mailbox Server 3

Mailbox Server 3  is having 28  Mailbox Active and 28 Mailbox Passive from Mailbox Server 2

Mailbox server 4 is holding another set of passive databases of Mailbox server 1 ,2 and 3

I installed Networker client and NMM 2.4.1on all mailbox servers and configured exchange and backed up Two
mailboxes successfully

The problem is I run the exchange client wizard against the mailbox server 1 and all other 3 servers and
DAG got auto created ,now the 
Problem is I can’t browse or even recreate the clients even if I delete  these auto created clients

always getting unable to ping UDP Error while browsing Autocreated clients

i need to configure Mailbox server 3 to take backup databases holding by mailbox number 3 ,since i run the exchange wizard

on Mailbox server 1 .which holds databases of Mailbox 1 and passive databases Mailbox 2 ,i am able to take backup succesfully

September 1st, 2013 14:00

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and questions can go unanswered for a long time. 

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "Networker Support Forum" which would be the most relevant for this question.

30 Posts

September 1st, 2013 22:00

Thanks Chris .moved it to Networker Support Forum

1.7K Posts

September 9th, 2013 02:00

Hi Zkk,

First of all is that you should create first the client for the DAG itself.

Second is that I believe that you could be facing issues with duplicated client ID.

can you please tell me when exactly you get the error message? Is it using the wizard? Could you please try to create it manually for the physical node and check what is the error message? If possible please attach some screenshots, specially for the manual process of client creation.

Thank you,

Carlos

1.7K Posts

September 9th, 2013 04:00

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Yes, it is pretty well described in the documentation. See below the link for the NMM documentation web site.

I would use Application Information guide, and then within the Exchange part you will find it.

Remember GLR feature has to be installed during the installation process and this requires a reboot afterwards.

GLR restore is a simple as selecting GLR restore; it will NOT do an actual restore into an RDB as the RDB restore process but instead will read directly from the AFTD or DD device through nsrmmd and will present it to NMM GUI so, once the "restore" is completed, you will be able to browse the MB's and select the data you want to restore.

If you encounter any issue while performing GL restore please open a new threat and we'll look into it.

Thank you,

Carlos

1.7K Posts

Sorry, forgot to add the link:

System Error

Get the NMM 2.4 SP1 documentation portfolio and that includes the main documents you need such as Administration Guide, Application Guide, Release Notes, Installation Guide etc.

Thank you,

Carlos

30 Posts

Thanx carlos for support ... actually it was pure network issue .. i run rpcping against auto created clients and got no response ..i checked the 3 auto created servers and found windows firewall is on for domain networks ... but while configuring agents i have made to configure firewall ... i don't know how it got enabled  automatically ,backups are running successfully ...

is there any step by step guide provided from Networker for Granular recovery of mail componets from exchange 2010

1.7K Posts

September 19th, 2013 01:00

Hi Zkk,

Did you have the chance to test the procedures I sent you? If so, did it help?

Thank you,

Carlos

30 Posts

September 19th, 2013 22:00

Thanks carlos for support .. i am going to test in a demo lab this week before performing in production ... but still veritas wins in this scenario of restring from tape without any sort of procedures

No Events found!