Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2013 03:00

EMC Backup and Recovery Manager....findings

Hello all,

We're using the new EMC Backup and Recovery Manager in test. Are there others that use it as well ?

Can you share your findings with the community ?

Regards !

13 Posts

April 10th, 2013 06:00

On NetWorker you only install a daemon (nsrmqd) that pushes messages over to the virtual appliance ( in ESX ) in which the application resides (OpenSUSE). There's hardly any CPU usage on the NW servers. They are called 'adaptors'

The tool monitors DD's as well, without adapter, just with SNMP.

We also use DPA, but this is reporting only; BRM is a monitor tool.

13 Posts

We have a quite large environment: 5 NW servers, 17 storage nodes, loads of clients.

Using this tool has the advantage to have an overview of all the environments at once: if 'something' happens you'll see it directly. Something like Manager of Managers (HP), or CommNet (CommVault).

Looks promissing, but is fairly new (bug-alarm ?)

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

What is the overload on server it causes?  I remember once I used DPA to query servers in similar fashion and it would just make backups fails or server to loaded (for example, same I can see with NMC, but I assume with NW8 and better jobdb this is somewhat better).  What are licensing requirements for this tool?  Did you also use this tool against DD?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

I wanted to use it, but download was very slow when I wanted to download it several weeks ago and since I have forget about it.  Since you are using it, what is your opinion about and business case - where and why would you use it?

2 Posts

July 15th, 2013 08:00

Where did you get the NSRMQ daemon from. I have found no documentation that states anything that I have to install on the networker server. Thanks for your help sir.

13 Posts

July 15th, 2013 23:00

Hi,

When you unzip the download, you'll find 3 folders. One of them is nw-adapter. This contians the nsrmqd installation.

2 Posts

July 16th, 2013 04:00

I got two linux adapters and a NT adapter. My servers are running on Solaris 10 but this backup and recovery manager is running on linux VM. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Powell

mtpowel@clemson.edu

864-656-0589 (Office)

864-247-2823 (Cell)

Storage Administrator

Clemson Computing and Information Technology

No Events found!