Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 13th, 2012 02:00

EMC networker simulator

i'm looking for EMC networker simulator on powerlink, anyone can give me powerlink path.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 14th, 2012 00:00

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 13th, 2012 08:00

To my knowledge, there is no such thing.  And why should there be; NW without license is perfectly functional for limited about of time thus no need for any emulation (software emulating software is a bit strange concept - most of the time you will get software emulating hardware or some specific feature like de-dupe to make better assessment - eg. Avamar emulator).

1 Rookie

• 

65 Posts

October 13th, 2012 20:00

Please give me powerlink path from where i can download networker demo version.

1 Rookie

• 

65 Posts

October 14th, 2012 06:00

Thanks a lot Crvelin.Could you please help me find out Avamar and symantec netbackup ?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 14th, 2012 16:00

With Avamar you will need  to contact EMC folks.  For NetBackup, you will need to contact Symantec folks.

1 Rookie

• 

65 Posts

October 18th, 2012 04:00

Thanks Crvelin..

Hope you are doing well !!!!!!!

I have downloaded and installed Networker V 8.0 Server in my Win 7 system and have created VTLU in celerra.

Could you give me a steps or doc, how can i connect my Networker and VTLU for backup in networker.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 18th, 2012 07:00

If you are testing this, you should still follow compatibility matrix.  I doubt that server is supported to run on desktop system like Win7.  That doesn't mean it does not runs, it does, but you have to understand that server functionality is always tested against server level OS (like win2k8 for example).

Check manual for jbconfig (available in docs section) and go for option 3) which in my case is "Configure an Autodetected NDMP SCSI Jukebox".  Not sure how it is in NW8 - I'm on 7.6.4.2 now. I didn't check official admin guide for NW8, but in the past there was a section on how to configure SCSI jukebox - just search for it and follow the instructions.

1 Rookie

• 

65 Posts

October 19th, 2012 04:00

Please give me path of docs section, i searched but didn't get any doc.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 20th, 2012 03:00

Login here and go to support by product (select NetWorker). From there you will see doc section too and you nac narrow it to specific version as well.

No Events found!