Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2012 06:00

How can I control read and write devices while clonning

How can I control read and write storage node devices while performing media clonning.

736 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 23:00

Hi,

You can control which storage node is used for read and write both from the scheduled clone interface in the GUI (write storage node & read storage node fields) and with nsrclone command (-d [save storage node] & -J [recover storage node]).

For more details on this, you should consult the NetWorker Cloning Integration Guide particularly page 61 - "Cloning node affinity for all disk library virtual tape libraries".

-Bobby

Hi,

I think you want to continue to backup while cloning media. If you use disk based device such a ddboost or aftd device you can do cloning from read only device if you use read only device for cloning you can continue to backup to the disk based device.

For example ;

example.JPG

If you use sql_Server/_AF_readonly to clone the media you can still write to the sql_server pool.

544 Posts

Hi Muralidhark,

Firstly, Welcome to NetWorker Support Forums. Secondly, Would you please elaborate more what do you mean exactly by control read and write storage node devices while performing media cloning ? I didnt get your query clearly.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

October 23rd, 2012 08:00

I have networker server (backup-srv) , Storage node (backupsn) , EDL1 & ELD2 & Physical TapeLib.

We usually backup daily bakcups to ELD1 & EDL2 and after 10 days we will move data from EDLs to PTL.

I am planning to off load backup server for clonning from ELDs to PTL by using storage node (backupsn).

How can I restric the read & write devices by using backupsn storag node devices while clonning.

Is there any option in 'nsrclone' command to specify read device & write device ?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 15:00

Usually this is handled by pools.  To clone something, you will need tapes in clone pool. Next, in storage node backupsn client resource in clone storage node field place the name of storage node itself.  Last, when running cloning, you can specify sn which will be used to read data - again backupsn.

No Events found!