Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2012 07:00

Insufficient Input object error message

Hello all,

I am experiencing a wierd issue.  I went to modify a client in Networker 7.5 using the configuration wizard. When i go to the end and click modify I get

"insufficient input object" message. the wizard rollsback the client and the client is deleted.  this just started hapening two days ago.

i cannot find anything on the error and a chat session with EMC was a waste of time.  I can recreate the deleted client and the client runs with no problem I can also modify manually. if I try to modify the client using the wizard the issue persists.

any input would be gladly appreciated.

736 Posts

January 30th, 2012 05:00

Hi Rondale,

I think you've hit a bug here.  This issue was identified with 7.6 version under the reference NW115382 and is fixed in 7.6.1 and above.  You should update your system to 7.6.3 and it should work ok. 

From inspecting the bug description, it appears to have something to do with having user@hostname in the Remote Access Field for a valid client where the 'hostname' corresponds to an invalid client.  I'm not sure if there are other circumstances that could provoke this, but if you have this, you could try deleting this entry before modifying.

-Bobby

240 Posts

January 28th, 2012 18:00

I will look into this for you, but I have a couple questions first:

What is the OS of the client and the NetWorker server?

Are the client and the server the same version?

Are there any modules being used for the client?

Once I have this information, I should be able to help track the answer down for you.

Mark Bellows

January 29th, 2012 08:00

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply and interest.

To answer your questions

What is the OS of the client and the NetWorker server? - for the Client AIX And the Server RHEL.

Are the client and the server the same version? -  Yes, they are the same  - Client 7.5

Are there any modules being used for the client? - Yes,  Networker module for oracle 5.0

Thanks again for your help.

Rondale

February 15th, 2012 11:00

Hey All thanks the quick responsws and replies.

We upgraded to 7.6.2 and we no longer got the issues

thanks alot.

Take care.

No Events found!