Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2011 14:00

NMC not opening

I just rebooted by Legato networker server and now can't launch NMC.  I get asked for my logon creditials but that's it.  The window never launches.  IT appears something is wrong with java.  Has anyone ran into this issue I'm running NMC 7.3.2.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 25th, 2011 14:00

Did you check if gst was started after reboot?

April 25th, 2011 16:00

I had a very similar problem once when the gst service was running; it turned out the NMC had also been installed on a different client and Networker was connecting to this NMC instead.  Try the default NMC password and if it lets you in and there is no configuration data then you know what has happened and you can figure out which client is running the second NMC and remove it.  Then try connecting to the NMC via your browser specifying the full URL http://server:9000

41 Posts

April 26th, 2011 05:00

I verified the gst service was running, I've even tried browsing to http://server:9000.  It pulls up the NMC splash screen and prompts me for a logon.  I enter my username and password and it does nothing.  If I enter an incorrect password it tells me the password is incorrect.  So it's as if it knows the correct password but just cannot launch the java window.  If I reclick on the NMC icon I can enter in my password again, and again.  Nothing launches.  In task manager it shows the javaw.exe running.  If I continue to try launching the NMC multiple times it executes mulitple instances of javaw.exe in task manager.

April 26th, 2011 10:00

Try killing off those javaw.exes then clearing the java cache and see if that has an effect.

41 Posts

April 26th, 2011 11:00

I killed the javaw.exes and cleared the  java cache.  Now when I launch NMC and logon I actually get logged in.  When I click on enterprise and choose my backup server I get the following error  "could not initiate class com.legato gwt.gtpanel gtutil"   I have to close and exit. Any idea what's causing this.

May 5th, 2011 01:00

Hello,

Ive encountered this issue before and what I did was to restart the "Networker Backup and Restore" service. 

It seems that this issue is rare but, can happen. If you even see the same issue, try cycling the service.

Have you tried to upgrade the version of Networker on your Server?

Before mine is upgraded from 7.4.2 to 7.4.4. New version should provide stability and reliability fixes.

regards,

Kate R.

wanshishi~!

No Events found!