Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 19th, 2016 17:00

Need informations on backups of networker

Hi All,

First I have NIL knowledge in the EMC networker backups,because Iam an other platform of technology but My simple concern is as below-

We have 30 sql servers and configured backups from networker, so My question is that - If need to pull last 4 days informations of

Backup start date/time and Backup end date/time for each server - is that possible from netwokrer if so how it can be done -Please mention with the step by step.

ofcourse we can find from SQL as well but as there might certain variation b/w SQL informations & the net worker informations.

Thanks for your suggestions and help in advance!

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 20th, 2016 05:00

You can use mminfo, for example:

mminfo -avot -c -r 'name,group,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),sumsize'

2.4K Posts

January 20th, 2016 10:00

In general, Hrvoje's command is fine.

However, You may prefer 'totalsize' instead of 'sumsize' as it will return the size in bytes. 'sumsize' will state different units (B, KB, MB, GB, TB) which cannot easily be added if you need that.

Also if you want only the info for the last 4 days, you may want to modify the command as follows (I am showing a more generic syntax):

mminfo -q "client= ,savetime>=-4days" -r "name,group,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),totalsize" -ot

6 Posts

January 20th, 2016 19:00

does it give the result for each server?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

January 21st, 2016 03:00

-c will give you result for

-c -c etc will give you result for , etc

If you have dedicated pool for these backups, you can do query based on pool and not clients.  You can create list of clients as input file and then simply run something like:

for client in `cat /path/to/client.lst`; do mminfo -avot -c $client -r  "name,group,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),totalsize";done

You can also use GUI to get the same, but I usually prefer CLI and if you wish to feed this into excel you can also export it in a way that fields are delimited and easily imported into sheet.

No Events found!