Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2018 08:00

NetWorker 9.1 + VM recovery using VBA

Hello,

I have a customer who saved data using a VBA infrastructure.  Now, they want to recover saveset, but for some reason someone has deleted the VBA.  I guess the VBA is absolutely necessery to be able to perform the recovery. 

Question #1: If they didn't save the VBA appliance in order to be able to recover it, is there anything that can be done ?

Question #2: If no backup of the VBA is available, is it possible to redeploy it using the same configuration information and use the new one to perform the needed recovery ?

Thank you,

Chris

May 31st, 2018 13:00

Hi,

with my (limited) understanding: In case  that the customer still has a ckeckpoint of the VBA available, the recreation of the VBA is possible.

If not, the recovery is difficult or maybe impossible. I don't know, how to recover the backup metadata without VBA recreation from the snapshot.

Regards

Michael

77 Posts

June 4th, 2018 07:00

Hello Michael,

Can you tell me how i can validate if a checkpoint is still available ?

Thank you,

Chris

155 Posts

June 5th, 2018 06:00

Hi Chris,

There is a VBARecovery Script available with Support who in turn will help you recover meta data on a new VBA which will talk to DD where actual Data is stored.

VBA metadata resurrection is possible.

Once VBA is recovered....Recommend your customer to start using vProxy.....Life gets more easy and simple with it.

Thanks,

Suraj S. Pujari

No Events found!