Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 24th, 2017 03:00

Networker 9.1 Windows Roles and Features failing

Hello!

We recently installed a new Networker 9.1 Backup server and we got the next problem:

Windows Roles and features fail. After the automatically rerun backup is performed and successfully completed.

Client Specs:

Virtual Machine

Windows Server 2012 R2 "Not Cluster"

Agent 9.1.0.3

Logs

129292:save: Successfully established Client direct save session for save-set ID '1795000069' (CLIENT:WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES:\) with Data Domain volume 'DD'.

save: WMI Writer - ERROR: Failed to save xml file =  C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\tmp\WMI Writer.xml

90110:save: save of 'WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES:\' to server 'Backup Server' failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (Win32 error 0x2)

99123:save: Handling an abort while processing Windows backup.

ASR Backup: aborting VSS walker save because Quit flag is set.

90123:save: VSS save walkers: the backup of save set 'WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES:\' failed.

90123:save: VSS save walkers: the backup of save set 'WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES:\' failed.

86024:save: Error occured while saving disaster recovery save sets.

100129:save: Unable to update job with id '0' with name value 'pseudo_saveset': Invalid or NULL session channel

Does anyone had this problem?

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 24th, 2017 06:00

Is this error on backup server itself or do you get it on clients?  If clients, are they also running 9.1.x?  I tested it with 9.1.0.4 and there it worked fine for me.

April 24th, 2017 06:00

I got this error when i try to backup one client.

In this moment we have two windows clients with 9.1.0.3. One is working ok and the other one have this error

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

April 25th, 2017 06:00

Out of curiousity, if you use parallelism=1 for that client, do you still see the error?

July 19th, 2017 06:00

same problem here :-), working with support, will keep this forum posted

are rerun sometimes fixes the issue

I am not sure of significance of the pseudo saveset

2.4K Posts

July 20th, 2017 07:00

This seems to be pretty close related to an issue we had when we installed NW 9.1 a while ago:

- NW is backing up the client

- The backup takes longer than 1 hr

- NW will issue a timeout and retry

- However the second attempt will also be aborted after 1 hr

After exactly 2 hrs the backup will fail.

As a consequence this pseudo save set will never have the change to be backed up.

There are 3 potential solutions:

- Ensure that no save set will run longer than 1 hr ;-)

- Set the client's inactivity timeout to a reasonable high value or set it to 0

- Update your client SW to NW 9.x

March 22nd, 2018 00:00

Hello all,

Thanks to bingo,i was able to solve this issue by removing the timeout on the action.

Cheers

1 Message

August 7th, 2023 01:00

hello bro , facing same kind of issue. let me know if you have any updates.

No Events found!