Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 10th, 2010 06:00

Problems with Networker for Lotus and non-english characters

Hello,

I have an issue with the Networker Lotus Module (NLM) 3.0 and the recovery of mail databases with non-english characters (in this case German "umlaute").

When I try to recover a mail database with the name cschröde.nsf I get the following error message:

Full backup not found, cannot recover without full backup /E:/notesdata/mail/cschr÷de.nsf/ (getPathsRecovList\267\9\0)

Obvioulsy the problem is the "ö" (ascii 246) which gets replaced by ascii 247.

What can be done to solve this problem?

Regards

Carsten Groll

Burg-Waechter KG

144 Posts

March 10th, 2010 20:00

We had this problem also.

We are currently starting to implement the updated Lotus Notes modules. Now it's called NMDA 1.0 that stands for NetWorker Module for Database and Applications. I havent experimented with the non english characters yet, but EMC has told me that it should no longer be an issue.

Within this module is an updated NML module. And the configuration scripti is much more comperhansive.

Jo

3 Posts

March 11th, 2010 05:00

Thanks for the info, I will see if I can find that version of the NLM somewhere.

We are evaluating at the moment, if we should buy the NLM as an addition to our Netwroker scenario, but wihtout working characters it would not be worth it.

3 Posts

March 22nd, 2010 03:00

Just wanted to let people know that indeed it works with the NLM module from the MDMA.

No Events found!