This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 10th, 2017 14:00

Restoring a VM from one VBA to another.

Networker 8238 on Windows 2012r2

Vcenter 5.5

Hi all,

I am working on a DR recovery strategy, and I need to get some quick info. I back up VM's through VBA1, which is tied to VCenter1 at Datacenter1. Those backups write to datadomain1.  I clone that data to Datadomain2 at Datacenter2. When I look at my recovery console in VBA1, I see "primary copy at datadomain1" and "replica copy at datadomain2". However, when I select a VM to restore, I can restore either needed copy, but only to VBA1. Is it possible to somehow actually restore a backed up VM into VBA2, which is tied to Vcenter2?

Sorry if this is a no-brainer, but its a question Ive been asked, and cannot find anyone else who may have tested this method.

Thanks all! And I'm not sure if this Avamar section, or Networker, so i added to Avamar since its mainly vm related.

Todd 

96 Posts

February 13th, 2017 12:00

Hello.

Log in to Vcenter2 and then connect to VBA2 plugin. The, go to restore and select VBA1 in "restore points from". This manner, you can restore the backups made with VBA1 from VBA2.

Hope it helps.

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

February 16th, 2017 10:00

Thanks ledugarte! That did the trick. I hadnt used that option before, as I had no need to, but I tested and worked.

No Events found!