Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2014 21:00

SAP App Cluster With Networker

Hi all,

when i run backup for SAP app cluster its failed the details of our situation is:

System Admin create a windows cluster (passive and Active) and SAP implementer create SAP cluster using Load Balance server

that mean from Windows  perspective (passive and Active) but from SAP app its (Active and Active)

the error message what i got is

(

88224:save: The base volume for the path is unavailable or offline.  Please ensure all volumes are online for backup operations.

88222:save: Could not add for backup.

WINDOWS ROLES AND FEATURES: ERROR: VSS failed to add components in pre save, writer=System Writer: The system cannot find the file specified. (Win32 error 0x80070002)

)

November 24th, 2014 23:00

OK, i agree with you its MS issue But How we to resolve this issue .. workarounds or MS has to solve it

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 24th, 2014 23:00

This has been discussed a few times before in this forum, here it is again.

This is because in your registry the service g:\usr\sap\egp\ascs01\exe\sapstartsrv.exe is registered as a service. When the disaster restore backup runs or when a VSS SYSTEM SERVICES backups runs it collects the list of binaries registered as services and tries to back it up, since the physical node is not currently hosting the cluster disk that contains that binary the backup of these saveset fails. This happens only for SAP as far as I am aware and for us it used to happen both on 7.6 and 8.1.1 also. The KB article 980794 on the Microsoft support site has more insight on it.

This is common issues across all backup technology including "Microsoft-Windows-Backup" which would mean it is a MS issue.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 25th, 2014 00:00

OK, i assume you did not check the KB article that i mentioned in my reply. The solution is in the article, please put "980794" on the Google search bard and hit search. The link to the KB should be the first in the list. Let me know if you are still not able to fine it.

November 25th, 2014 00:00

we used the same Key ExcludedBinaryPaths but does not work with us we are using Win 2012 .. there are any other recommendation regarding this issue

10 Posts

November 25th, 2014 01:00

I am not sure about win 2012, but the issue got resolved in win 2008 R2 6.1 after setting in ExcludedBinaryPaths.Backups are successfull, I assume there is patch recommended by Microsoft.I will get the information from my colleague regarding the patch and will update the same.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 25th, 2014 02:00

No i am afraid there is no fix for this on the 2012. I believe you might have to check with the MS for a patch or workaround .

November 25th, 2014 03:00

i Opened MS case but they referring me the same KB and they told me please till EMC to open case with them to supported by there experts

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

November 25th, 2014 05:00

You will have to open a support cause with EMC support and provide them the information that you got from MS.

November 25th, 2014 21:00

i already open a SR to do the needful ...

No Events found!