Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 3rd, 2012 05:00

The storage node is not ready for use.

We are using Networker 8 on Win2K8.   We have 1 Networker Server (which is also primary storage node) and a secondary storage node on another physical server. In our Log window, we will receive the following messages while backups are running to the secondary storage node:

The storage node is ready for use.

The storage node is ready for use

The storage node is ready for use

Any ideas what would be causing this message? 

Thanks in advance!

544 Posts

November 3rd, 2012 07:00

Hi,

Try to have a look at this document which will help you identify if there are any hardware or connection issues:

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-16264

Hope it helps,

Ahmed Bahaa

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

November 5th, 2012 05:00

Thanks Ahmed,

I read through the link and that seems to discuss issues with interchangable media.  One important piece of information I failed to provide is that we are using a DataDomain appliance in this environment.  Additionally, the 2 storage nodes are conencted to the same switch which is also the same switch that the DataDomain is connected.

544 Posts

November 5th, 2012 14:00

Under which steps this error message appears ? Is it when you are performing inventory ?

Ahmed Bahaa

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

November 6th, 2012 05:00

The last time the issue occured was while a single client was backing up to the DD using Storage Node 2 (with client direct enabled).   No other backups nor user intiated functions were occuring when the messages occur.   Unfortunately, I am unable to recreate the issue so I can not pin point this as the reason the messages occur.  Also, when I run the backup again, I do not always get the messages.  

544 Posts

November 6th, 2012 05:00

As it is intermittent error message, it will need more troubleshooting. I recommend you to open a service request with EMC regarding this error message once it re-occurs again and provide them the daemon log to check what is exactly the root cause of this problem and in which cases it occurs.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

1.7K Posts

November 13th, 2012 04:00

Hi there,

What is the NW server and storage nodes version you have in place?

Thank you.

Carlos.

No Events found!