Start a Conversation

Unsolved

19 Posts

October 4th, 2018 09:00

Time to Time DB2 Backup Faliure

Hi,

We have Networker 9.1 that deployed on a Win 2012 R2. We are schedule a DB2 full backup on every day 3 am. Past few months we are facing the backup failure in time to time. In the every time when the backup failed we got the below error.

Backing up the 'PB_PROD' database.

Unable to backup PB_PROD database due to backup request failure, SQLCODE : -2025, SQL2025N An I/O error occurred. Error code: "3". Media on which this error

occurred: "VENDOR".

NMDA backup failed.

64673:nsrdasv: Unable to backup PB_PROD database due to backup request failure, SQLCODE : -2025, SQL2025N An I/O error occurred. Error code: "3". Media on which this error

occurred: "VENDOR".

--- Job Indications ---

prdbsvr1:DB2:/PB_PROD/NODE0000: retried 1 times.”

But after we restart the NW services from next day onwards backup was run as normal. DB backup size is ~1.5 TB. We have open several SR‘s with DELL EMC NW support team. As per them in the very first time they advised to restart the NW services. As I previously said after restarting the services it was runnin fine. In the second time when we open the SR they asked to created a separate ddboost device to backup the data. That thing also we already did. Now we yesterday backup was again failed with the same error.

Is anyone can advised how to solve this issue permanently.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

October 9th, 2018 03:00

Do you see anything in NMDA logs?  Assuming errors comes from NMDA (and/or communication to storage device), that would next place to look for more details.  Assuming it is not coincidence that all works after nsrexecd restart, it may indicate some issue with process itself - in that case check if you are running latest patch level for both NW and NMDA on the Windows box where DB2 is running.

No Events found!