Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2012 10:00

Unable to label adv_file device

Hi guys,

I'm working on a customer's system, Windows 2003 with NW 7.4

I'm trying to label a adv_file device on a synology NAS share. If I go to the share, I can easily create files and folders.

I've created the device in NetWorker and enabled it.

Now, when I try to label it, I get an error message:

nsrmm -l -f \\192.168.10.175\Backups -b YearlyStage -y

Using volume name 'YearlyStage.001' for pool 'YearlyStage'

39078:nsrmm: RAP error: cannot open \\192.168.10.175\Backups\volhdr file: Invalid argument

I've tried running the label command as local administrator and it hasn't changed anything. If I try to label via NMC I get the same error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

/tony

75 Posts

January 27th, 2012 04:00

We decided to mount the volume using iSCSI instead, and everything is working fine now. It must have been som weird permission issue no doubt.

/tony

57 Posts

January 26th, 2012 20:00

Did you try using the remote user and password, so that networker has appropriate write permissions on the share. This is likely to be a permission or incorrect\inaccessible drive path.

75 Posts

January 26th, 2012 23:00

Yes I did, no change.

In a few hours I'm going to try to see if it changes anything that we give the account that networker runs as full access to the share. (which is open for everyone, but still).

As a last resort we could mount it via iSCSI to get around this permission issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

/tony

110 Posts

January 30th, 2012 01:00

Hi

I've seen this on other targets than Synology.

My solution was:

Create a user on target (Synology) with correct permissions (let's say it's called "backup_user")

Create a local user on the NW server called "backup_user" with local server admin and NW admin rights.

Make this user start the NSRD process on the NW server.

Regards

Eivind

75 Posts

January 30th, 2012 01:00

Hej Eivind,

No doubt you're right. But I must admit that I prefer mounting stuff instead of using UNC paths, this also allows me to check for available space easily through the server OS. So for this setup, iSCSI is very nice.

/tony

No Events found!