Solved!

Go to Solution

June 14th, 2012 07:00

VSS ASR DISK: on Windows 2008

Hi,

I have a problem on a Windows 2008R2 64-Bit Client:

the configured saveset: VSS ASR DISK:\

showes the message:

No full backups of this save set were found in the media database; performing a full backup

57932:save: Invalid saveset path specification for this OS platform: "VSS ASR DISK:\"

in the kb: https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg125107

are explained that with NetWorker 7.6 Service Pack 2 there is support for win2k8r2

I have NetWorker Server version: 7.6.3.Build.840;

and Networker Client: 7.6.3.5.Build891

in another article is described to use the All saveset - but this is not a solution for me because other drives of the machine are too big and saved in another way.

Is there another saveset for 2008 or is there a possibility to except the big drives (maybe with a directive?)

1.7K Posts

June 17th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

I think that solution is confusing.

ASR, as Vermad pointed is not supported for Windows 2008 Windows 2008 R2, and the solution is talking about DR backups, which is saveset DISASTER_RECOVERY:\

If you want to have a BMR backup, you will need to set the saveset DISASTER_RECOVERY:\ and this will backup all critical volumes and required files to perform a Bare Metal recovery.

You can also, instead of backing up DR saveset, backup the VSS savesets. For that you can use the client configuration wizard, or if the client is already created, just click on the browse Icon, next to the saveset name, and you can select whatever you want to backup. You will see that for Windows 2008/2008 R2 the ASR saveset is not present, as there is not such saveset supported for these OS's.

Thank you.

Carlos.

36 Posts

June 15th, 2012 10:00

VSS ASR DISK:\ is not a supported save set for windows 2008 Servers.

10 Posts

June 18th, 2012 00:00

thx Carlos! to browse is a very good thing for newbies

No Events found!