Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2012 18:00

Why this entry in remote access.

Hi,

I have noticed &legato_restore entry in remote access tab of client configration.

I searched Networker docs but unable to find this.

Can someone please let us know.

Capture.JPG

Moin

544 Posts

April 18th, 2012 18:00

Hi Moin,

Remote access attibute is a list of remote users that are allowed to recover this client's files. If empty, only users logged into this machine are valid.

Examples: sam@jupiter or user=sam,host=jupiter (user sam on machine jupiter), group=wheel,host=jupiter (any user in group wheel on host jupiter), jupiter or host=jupiter (any user on machine jupiter).

Check in your environment what is the user &legato_restore , this is not a NetWorker related, it is a user you have in your environment, you can check if this user allowed only for recovery on that client or it is useless here to specify that user.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

April 23rd, 2012 22:00

Hello Moin,

You can refer the following knowledge base article for additional information about Remote access attribute of the Client configuration .

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg66061&usertype=C

Regards,

Vish

April 29th, 2012 20:00

Hello Moin,

Please let us know whether your query query related to "Remote Access" was resolved.

Thank you ,

Vish

147 Posts

May 5th, 2012 13:00

Hi,

Not resolve yet....we are check with other admin. If you have any idea about it. Please let us know.

Moin

1.7K Posts

May 5th, 2012 22:00

Hi Moin,

As far as I know there are no automatic entries created in the remote access field when creating a client, so most likely that entry has been added manually by some of the administrator's or some other user while attempting to perform a restore.

If enabled, you can check the rap log (/nsr/logs/rap.log) this will report any changes performed in the configuration of NMC.

Thank you.

Carlos.

147 Posts

May 9th, 2012 07:00

Hi,

May be you are right. I checked no /nsr/logs/rap.log are there. How to enable it.

79 Posts

May 9th, 2012 09:00

Hi Moin,

Please follow the steps on the below and enable the rap logs.

http://solutions.emc.com/EMCSolutionView.asp?id=esg107154&usertype=C

Thanks

Panwar

736 Posts

May 10th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Enabling the rap logging now will mean that all changes will be logged from now, but will not tell you who changed this value in the past.  If it was not enabled at the time of the change, you are not going to be able to tell who put that entry there.

-Bobby

No Events found!