Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 7th, 2016 21:00

/nsr/logs how to share this folder ???

Hi , i want to operate from an other Server on my Networker Server so that i can Show the logs on a diffent Server and not on my Networker Server.

But if i share the nsr/logs Folder  it did not works. An other Folder is ok on the same Server but not the /nsr/logs Folder. What is my mistake ???

regards Marcus

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

September 8th, 2016 01:00

What exactly doesn't work?  You need to supply more details for us to understand what you did and how you did it.

17 Posts

September 8th, 2016 22:00

Sorry,

the System does not allow me to see what is in this share. No permissions. I will take some pics and post them.

It is funny i have shared Folders ...100 or more in my 20 Years in IT... but this time ... you share it ...take permissions on it ... allow the aktiv direktory and the local groups read and write or all.... but then if you want to toch it from an other maschine ...no ...nothing .....grrrrrrrr.

if i make a new folder on the same server copy the log files from logs into it and share this folder ..it works !!!

ahhh. and i have an other question:

we operate many many years with networker on ibm power AIX.

But now we have a windows networker server. in aix times i could watch the daemon.log the hole day with : tail -f /nsr/logs/daemon.log

But in windows power shell it does not work . i found this :  get-content -path d:\nsr\logs\daemon.log -wait -tail 100.

It works only for a short time and after a few moments it crash with :

get-content : The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.

At line:1 char:1

+ get-content -path d:\nsr\logs\daemon.log -wait -tail 1000

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : ReadError: (D:\nsr\logs\daemon.log:String) [Get-Content], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : GetContentReaderIOError,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetContentCommand

Is there an other one i can usr for this operation ???

thanks from germany (duesseldorf)

marcus

2.4K Posts

September 9th, 2016 00:00

You must work with a pretty 'old' release that still creates daemon.log instead of daemon.raw .

Also, the option '-wait' seems to make no sense here.

May I suggest that you use the following routine appropriately:

D:\>more tail_daemon_raw.cmd

@echo off

: loop

cls

echo.

echo %TIME%

echo.

D:\nsr\bin\nsr_render_log -B -15 D:\nsr\logs\daemon.raw

timeout /t 5

goto loop

D:\>

17 Posts

September 9th, 2016 02:00

Hi, thanks i will test it.

We are working with an Networker 8.2.2.0 Build926 Power Edition/138.

regards

marcus

No Events found!