Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 17th, 2012 03:00

we need to configure sap online + Arch backup in same group?

We have configured SAP online and Archival backup manually in our legato and both are running fine both online and archival backups are configured as seperate group but now we want to take both online+ archive logs backup using a single group. How we can proceed that

FYI...

Networker Version 7.6.2

NMSAP4.2

we have given the backup command as for online backup "nsrsapsv -f /nsr/res/nsrsapsvonline.cfg" and for archival backup "nsrsapsv -f /nsr/res/nsrsapsvarch.cfg""

in the above mentioned configuration files we have mentioed the following parameters to run the backup for online backup "BR_EXEC=brbackup" and for archival backup "BR_EXEC=brarchive -c force -sd -r initS5Darch.utl""

14.3K Posts

October 17th, 2012 03:00

Why would you use same group? It is possible of course, you would need to create two clients and assign them to the same group.  It is more clear if this is separated - especially since group tells you how often you run backup jobs defined within same group.  So, if you have DB backup running once per day, and if you would use same group, then also archive logs would run once per day which makes no sense to me.

57 Posts

October 18th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

You can achive this using BR tools in the following ways, which i know of. There may be other option available

1. In the config file use brbackup -a (To backup offline redo logs)

2. Use backup type as online_cons, this will backup both datafiles and offline archive  logs

14.3K Posts

October 18th, 2012 07:00

mridul.singh wrote:

You can achive this using BR tools in the following ways, which i know of. There may be other option available

1. In the config file use brbackup -a (To backup offline redo logs)

2. Use backup type as online_cons, this will backup both datafiles and offline archive  logs

Using one group above still won't work as you will end up with either multiple database backups too (or if frequency is set to 24h then you end one with single archive log backup just after backup - that's what above does).

No Events found!