Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

10 Posts

July 25th, 2019 01:00

Configure trunk mode lldp on DELL N1548 switch

Hi all, I am trying to configure trunk mode on my DELL N1548 switch to connect to a core switch with a few VLANs, however after all the steps as follow, the there is no vlan configured, what have I missed out?
#configure
(config)#interface gi1/0/45
(config)#switchport mode trunk
(config)#switchport trunk allowed vlan add 10,30,40,50
(config)#end
console#show interfaces switchport gi1/0/45

Port: Gi1/0/45
VLAN Membership Mode: Access Mode
Access Mode VLAN: 1 (default)
General Mode PVID: 1 (default)
General Mode Ingress Filtering: Enabled
General Mode Acceptable Frame Type: Admit All
General Mode Dynamically Added VLANs:
General Mode Untagged VLANs: 1
General Mode Tagged VLANs:
General Mode Forbidden VLANs:
Trunking Mode Native VLAN: 1 (default)
Trunking Mode Native VLAN Tagging: Disabled

Trunking Mode VLANs Enabled: All

Private VLAN Host Association: none
Private VLAN Mapping:
Private VLAN Operational Bindings:
Default Priority: 0
Protected: Disabled

• 

8.7K Posts

July 25th, 2019 10:00

Hi,

It looks like the commands are correct. Are you using a user that has permissions to change the settings? Have you rebooted the switch? What version is the firmware on?

10 Posts

July 25th, 2019 23:00

Yes, I am using admin account, I haven't rebooted the switch. the firmware is "Dell Networking N1548, 6.3.3.14, Linux 3.6.5".

The scenario is this, my office has a HP core switch with few vlans configured, now I am trying to connect this DELL N1548 switch to the HP core switch configured previously by previous employee, when I plug in the DELL switch to the HP core switch, the network connection from the DELL switch cannot reach the main network, I am figuring out what is wrong, in this scenario, should I configure access mode, general mode or trunk mode on the uplink port?

There are some HP switches, but when I check the, there was no trunk configured. If I uplink this DELL switch to the the other HP switch, I can ping the main network.

• 

8.7K Posts

July 26th, 2019 06:00

Trunk or general mode is what you want. You may want to update to the latest firmware https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=430j6&oscode=naa&productcode=networking-n1500-series

10 Posts

August 2nd, 2019 00:00

Hi Josh,

Sorry for the late reply, I have upgraded to the latest firmware and I have configured general mode on the port which is port 45 with the respected VLAN tagged, however when I plug in the uplink cable to the port 45, I still not able to connect to the network, when I check under VLAN port settings n web UI, the port 45 is shown with T both on current and static and the rest of the port showing blank on current and F on static. What else have I missed?

Port: Gi1/0/45
VLAN Membership Mode: General Mode
Member of VLANs : (1),10,30,40,50
Access Mode VLAN: 1 (default)
General Mode PVID: 1 (default)
General Mode Ingress Filtering: Enabled
General Mode Acceptable Frame Type: Admit All
General Mode Dynamically Added VLANs:
General Mode Untagged VLANs: 1
General Mode Tagged VLANs: 10,30,40,50
General Mode Forbidden VLANs:
Trunking Mode Native VLAN: 1 (default)
Trunking Mode Native VLAN Tagging: Disabled
Trunking Mode VLANs Enabled: All
Private VLAN Host Association: none
Private VLAN Mapping:
Private VLAN Operational Bindings:
Default Priority: 0
Protected: Disabled

• 

8.7K Posts

August 2nd, 2019 07:00

How are you testing access? It looks like it has all the proper VLANs configured now.

10 Posts

August 3rd, 2019 02:00

Hi Josh,

Yes, once I connect the uplink cable to the port 45, I was not able to access my server.

Ron

• 

8.7K Posts

August 5th, 2019 09:00

What VLAN is the server on? What VLAN are you testing from?

10 Posts

August 8th, 2019 01:00

Hi Josh,

I think the users vlan is not added on the DELL switch, it should be VLAN20, let me try on that.

1 Message

August 10th, 2019 08:00

I'm having the same issue

10 Posts

August 13th, 2019 00:00

Hi Josh, Another question, If I would like to uplink another DELL N1548 to this N1548 with trunk port, do I need to configure similar trunk port on the second DELL N1548 switch?
No Events found!