Start a Conversation

Unsolved

6 Posts

February 11th, 2021 07:00

Dell S4048-ON Command switchport mode trunk not appears

Hi all

In a pair of Dell s4048-ON stacked,i´m trying to create a trunk with two ports of 10gb(in port-channel),but i can´t find the "mode trunk" in the command line....only the hibryd mode is allowed.

The idea of this ports are going to connect 2 huawei switches and pass all vlans between them

Any idea?

System Type : S4048-ON
System Mode : 1.0
Software Version : 9.13(0.1)

• 

8.7K Posts

February 11th, 2021 11:00

Hi,

Page 830 talks about the swichport modes. it also depends on if the port is in layer 2 or layer 3 mode.

117 Posts

February 15th, 2021 10:00

In DELL OS9 (formerly FTOS), you don't assign vlans to a port ala cisco, etc, but rather you assign ports to a vlan:

interface Vlan 100
 tagged Port-channel 1
!
interface Vlan 101
tagged Port-channel 1
!

and so on..

Portmode hybrid just allows you to have both tagged vlans and an untagged ("native") vlan on the link.  You may or may not need that.

February 16th, 2021 00:00

Thanks all,i´ll try with the portmode hybrid and tagging vlans.

Best regards.

February 18th, 2021 05:00

Well.

I create the Port channel and tag the Vlans but i can´t reach the ips from the oher switch.

I don´t know if in 9.13 Dell 4048-on the way to create a trunk between switches changes,this is my first question the swicth port mode trunk don´t appears.

So i create a port channel with the two interfaces in LACP active,switch port mode hybrid.

description TRUNK HUAWEI SW
no ip address
portmode hybrid
switchport
no shutdown

And tagged all vlan requires.

So...is any other way to configure the dell?

In the huawei side (also i another trunk with cisco) the ports are in static lacp ,all vlan allowed and in trunk mode,.

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

February 18th, 2021 06:00

Hi,

for this configuration you have to set the vlan-stack to "access" or "trunk" value. I didn't that command on your script. For more detailled help on script please refer to these documentation:

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Regards,

February 18th, 2021 08:00

Hi Stéphane

I read the doc,and tried to use the commands to made the trunks to the switches

The problem i found is,after clean the port configuration (needed),apply the vlan-stack trunk mode in the port....the switch don´t allow to add this port to the port-channel created.

I´m very slow with this revision of OS,and i don´t know why is not a easy coomand as a swichtport mode trunk like cisco o hawei to connect a LACP in mode trunk between the dell switches and other ones.

BR

• 

8.7K Posts

February 18th, 2021 10:00

What error are you getting?

No Events found!