Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 9th, 2012 05:00

Do 6248 switches require reboot after configuration changes?

We have 2 of these switches stacked,  connected to another stand alone 6228, we created VLANs and configured routing and all was good. i then deleted a vlan although later had to create it again.

The switch would not recognise the VLAN so i decdided to reload the switch and all was good the VLAN was there and functioning correctly.

Today i added new links and configured STP, the configuration seemed fine to me but when pinging a host a packet would drop every 10-15 pings.

I messed about with spanning tree for a while and go no where so i went back to my original STP config, the same issue occured dropped packets.

I decided again to reload the switch, switch boots up and its all good?????

Any ideas why this is the case surely the switch should process the changes withought reload?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 10th, 2012 06:00

The switches do not require a reboot after configuration changes. I am not positive why this stack would experience this behavior. But one thing that I would make sure of, is that both switches on the stack are on the same, current, firmware. This will help ensure that the stack runs and communicates smoothly.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Keep us updated.

Thanks.

No Events found!