Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

A

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

June 6th, 2023 06:00

Extended ACL on DELL OS9 9.14.2.6 about one way vlan communication.

Greetings Everyone.

So... My question is if its possible to create an extended ACL to put on a vlan interface in order to block traffic oneway? Meaning. I have some vlans. I don't want them to talk to one specific vlan but that vlan must be able to do so( so first i thought an extended acl to this vlan in engress so i don't need to put it anywhere else)  ... But i can't seem to do so... I experimented in gns3 with os10 but i think its the same thing/problem... The switch is doing the intervlan routing also...

I understand that a firewall can achive this easily. Is it possible without one? From my understanding from reading online this isn't really possible since there will always be a reply thats blocked from the statess inspection of the ACL.... Is this correct? ... and if yes, are there any alternative capabilities in the os 9 9.14.2.6 version i can use to ahive this???

Thanks Everyone!

• 

8.8K Posts

June 6th, 2023 11:00

Antvas,

I am not aware of how to configure it in a way to accomplish what you are asking for, short of a firewall as you stated previously.

Sorry I wasn't able to be more helpful. 

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

June 8th, 2023 05:00

Thank you Chris for your reply and your time!!

So...

I think the best i can do is make deny tcp and specify which services to cut... with a permit ip any any at the end.

I searched the configuration guide but i didn't see if the OS9 9.14.2.6 can use range in the [portnumber] variable of the command. I can't try it out unfortunately. Is smt like that supported? And forgive my naive question but i can summarize my vlan subnets to save on complexity correct?

At least... I can't think of anything else to emulate what i wish to achieve...

Thank you.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

June 8th, 2023 06:00

Thank you Chris.

I haven't configured vlan acls to be truthful. Ever. I ll proceed to read and if i get a chance to try out i ll continue to post...

Thank you.

• 

8.8K Posts

June 8th, 2023 06:00

Antvas,

I believe that is indeed the case, but am not 100% certain on that. Page 321 of the guide here should help though. 

No Events found!