Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2022 15:00

N3024 Firmware/CPLD Update

I want to bring an old switch up to current firmware in my home lab. It's on 6.1.1.7 currently. 

IMPORTANT: Upgrading the switch firmware version to 6.5.4.18, the boot code update is required on N3000 Series via serial console if switch is running with the older boot code version. The latest boot code version available for N3000 Series is “U-Boot 2012.10-00079-g20827d2 (May 22 2017 - 16:58:14)”. Administrators
upgrading N3000 series switches MUST follow the boot-code update instructions documented.

Can I update the firmware right to 6.5.4.18 via the File Management Download, setting it to backup, and booting to the backup? Is there a step upgrade required? Do I need to update the boot code/CPLD before updating the firmware? After updating the firmware? 

"show version" from SSH does not show a "boot version" line, just CPLD 13. 

Machine Description............... Dell Networking Switch

System Model ID................... N3024
Machine Type...................... Dell Networking N3024
HW Version........................ 4
CPLD Version...................... 13

I'm fairly new to Dell switches, so feel free to assume I'm missing something obvious. Thanks!

• 

8.8K Posts

January 24th, 2022 08:00

Asfdasdfasdf,

To answer you inquiry, jumping firmware versions should be fine unless the upgrade guide specifically speaks against it. So I would follow the guide which is included in the firmware download.

Let me know if this helps.

January 24th, 2022 09:00

Thanks. I think the part that is missing/assumed from the upgrade process doc is the "enable" command from SSH.

console>enable 

console#

At that point I was able to run the commands specified. 

No Events found!