Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2013 18:00

Network topology

Hey guys,

I'm starting my small DC, but one thing that I can't find a solution is how to design my network.

My provider will put a fiber on my door, and then use a transceiver, so I'll have an RJ-45 cable (or, depending of the Dell switch that I'll use, a SFP+ port). But, after that I'm completely lost.

I'll also receive a /24 ip block, but how I'll assign those IP's to each machine I don't know how. Also, to limit the port speed (eg: 4MB to X port, 2MB to another), it's another doubt.

I'd be very happy of someone could help me of which products I should buy and how would work.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 1st, 2013 06:00

Several considerations go into designing a network. Things like budget, desired features, current expected size of network, expected growth, physical location and space at location, etc.  Are all taken into consideration when planning a network. I suggest contacting a sales agent and speaking with them about your businesses needs, they can gather further details and recommend hardware that would suite your needs. We even offer services where someone can setup the hardware for you. Here is a list of numbers for the sales department.

www.dell.com/.../contact-us-phone-number

Cheers.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2013 09:00

Hi Daniel,

I've contact our Dell support/sales (I'm in Brazil), and they said that I'd need use a SonicWall to make the IP addressing. I think that this is not correct, is it?

Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 2nd, 2013 11:00

A Sonicwall NSA would be an excellent firewall to have on a network. You can visit the Sonicwall site to view the different models and compare features to see which one may suite your needs.

www.sonicwall.com/.../NSA_Series.html

No Events found!