Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

17 Posts

September 26th, 2018 01:00

OMNM MSP

Hey guys, I've been configuring a decent size deployment of OMNM for an MSP, we have got multiple sites and organisations for different customers, this all works well. However the "global" site (ID 0) is the only place we can run certain portlets, most of which makes sense i.e. site management portlet etc. However traffic flow will only run from the global site, does anyone know if this is a limitation of the product or if there is a way to configure this?

Below is what traffic flow looks like from a customers MSP site. I have a service tag so could log a call but thought id ask here first.

trafficflow.png

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2018 10:00

I don't have any experience with a setup like this, but there is a chapter in the user guide that is dedicated to traffic flow. It includes configuration setup tasks, examples, and performance tuning information. It may be worth looking through these and comparing with your deployment.

Page 509: https://dell.to/2FA2yC0

17 Posts

October 3rd, 2018 07:00

Hey Daniel, thanks for the info. I already read these sections and couldn't glean anything about the limitation of different sites. I wonder if you could pass this onto someone internally and see what they come back with? Someone may have to ask Dorado directly. 

This is a pretty hard limitation - an answer would be hugely appreciated.

One thing I did notice is the section on page 530 of the 6.5.2 guide - section title "Creating TFA Configuration for a Managed Resource (Top-Level Device)" suggests that you can create a flow analyser configuration by right clicking and looking under Traffic Flow Analyser. On my setups (tried multiple) I only see an option to register the device as an Exporter. What do you see on yours?

I also don't see the option under ports or interfaces as it suggests a bit further down the same page. I have complete rights to everything, so don't think it's a permission thing.

4 Posts

July 22nd, 2019 15:00

Spoiler

The ability to have TFA portlets in a tenant is due to be enhanced OMNM in  Q1/Q2 2020. 

No Events found!