Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 7th, 2015 09:00

Subnet conflict between specified IP Address and current configuration. All routing interfaces, service ports and network ports must be configured on different subnets.

I have seen posts with this error-(

Subnet conflict between specified IP Address and current configuration.

All routing interfaces, service ports and network ports must be configured on different subnets.) with no resolution.

I am trying to change our subnet mask to a higher number for we can put more clients on a certain vlan.

I have tried this on different vlans, through the console port with no prevail. Tried turning off routing and even taking the switch off the network, so I know it is only looking at itself. I continue to get this error. I should not have to wipe the switch clean in order to change the subnet mask.

I thought about pulling the config file off the switch, editing it, then pushing it back. This in my opinion is insane just to add 500 more clients to our network.

Can anyone give me a quick fix on this?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 7th, 2015 12:00

To best help we need to gather some more specific information. What model switch are you working with? What firmware is the switch on? Can you share the current config with us? This would allow us to see what subnets are already configured. What subnet are you trying to add, and to which VLAN?

Thanks

1 Message

February 7th, 2016 21:00

rrre

No Events found!