Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

31 Posts

November 17th, 2018 13:00

n3024 backup config

I have several n3024 switches that my predecessor setup, and I'm not sure of the settings.

I can connect via console cable, and I can do a show running-config, and I see the config, but no IP.

if I run "show IP "it replays with command not found /incomplete command.

I have a note that appears to indicate the switch IP addresses (they are on different subnet than our network) and I can ping the IP addresses listed, but cannot l cannot login to them via web using those IP, and since Show IP fails I'm not sure of that even.

I would really like too make a backup before I go any further, what should be my next step?

212 Posts

November 20th, 2018 10:00

Making a backup is always a good plan. ;-) Use the following article to make a backup (local or external to the switch) of the switch configuration: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/how10280/how-to-save-and-back-up-your-configuration-on-dell-powerconnect-force10-and-n-series-switches-via-cli?lang=en. You should be able to see the IP addresses, if configured, with the "show running-configuration" command output. The running-configuration or the "show system" command should also show you that it is at least an N3024 switch you are looking at. If so, you could also try pinging the other direction from the console screen where you have access, or try temporarily disconnecting the cable to see if the ping is disrupted, run trace route, etc. It sounds as though you have physical access to the switches. Are they stacked? Are all of the N3024 switches showing the same behavior via the serial port?
No Events found!