Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 4th, 2010 08:00

1397 Mini Card European: "Default gateway is not available"

Well, first off an apology if I searched the wrong thing and have missed a common solution to this issue.

My connection on my Studio 17 is mostly fine but every so often I lose my wireless connection and get the "Default gateway is not available" message. It's happened a few times but laziness combined with it not having inconvenienced me a great deal (yet, repairing the connection has always worked) has caused me to not check it out so I'm going to do so tonight.

I'm posting from work while I remember and just wanted to see if this was something where there was a known solution beyond something fairly simple such as "Update the drivers" which is what I'm going to do first when I get in. Just thought I'd ask in advance so that if there was something else I needed to do someone could fill me in and I could get right on it when I get home.

Anyway, thanks in advance and sorry again in the event that I've managed to miss a duplicate of this query elsewhere.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 4th, 2010 10:00

ianwelby,

Which Studio 17 do you have? I have a Studio 1737 but there are different model numbers.

Try start, control panel, device manager, network, advanced. Look for Antenna Diversity and cahnge it from Auto to AUX, sometimes this works.

How to start Wireless Zero Configuration using Windows Vista

How to repair a connection

Just to name a few.

Rick

2 Posts

November 4th, 2010 12:00

Hi, thanks for the response.

My model is the Studio 1749. I checked the drivers, which Windows says are up to date, and I also went to the Power Management options for my wireless adapter and turned off the option that switches it off to save power. I've also done the stuff in the top link, although I only needed to change one thing, not two. So hopefully that'll have all sorted it.

No Events found!