Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2009 13:00

5720 Sprint Mobile Broadband Utility Script errors

Have a D830 with XP SP2 and the 572 Sprint EVDO Rev-A MiniCard installed. The broadband utility is set to initiate the connection when windows starts and the Cisco VPN (5.0.03.0560) has it set to run via the application launcher. The connection is made and then the VPN is established... which is about when the script error hits. Its a MobiLink dialog box with...

A script error has occurred

Line 522

Character 5

Error: Server execution failed

I have also seen it generate the same erro but reference line 535.. same character and same error message. I have removed the card and reinstalled version A03 of the utility and driver. Still getting the same script errors and the other item I notice is that once I clear the error and log in.. I cannot launch the utility.. window pops up but get a page not available message.

I have searched high and low and have found nothing that helps... hope someone has seen this or has some insight.

2 Posts

March 6th, 2009 13:00

I did just locate the 2.09 rev A01 version and get the same results..

4 Posts

June 12th, 2010 15:00

I've worked for  a week to solve the problem and came up with the following workaround (if you have a solution, please let me know ... I've tried every version of the software that I could find).

My unit is the M1210 - Vista Ultimate (developer version).

When debugging, it was obvious that the problem is not with the hardware, it is with the Sprint connectivity scripting that halts the startup of the software at the load of the agent with an error writing to memory.

So ... I tried installing the original Verizon software ... the program runs, the card communicates, the connection can be made and my connectivity works.

This is obviously not optimal but every bit of documentation and dialog that I've been able to locate has indicated that both Dell and Sprint have either finger pointed or thrown up their hands  that they don't know how to solve the problem. [if you have the documentation to show otherwise or can guide me to the solution, I will happily retract this entire message].

The first response I would have is that the problem has shown up as Microsoft has tightened their management of scripts with their updates.  That may point to a setting I haven't found or it may point to an error in the script which I have not access to edit. ... or it may point to the ways in which the software accesses various libraries and they have a version issue.  In any case, if the Verizon software can do it, the Sprint/Dell version can also do it.

Unfortunately, Novatel licenses their information to the vendor and the vendors are careful (and I can respect ... that if they can fix) about sharing what they are doing in the software and connection.

You are welcome to email me with any revisions/solutions for this machine and the OS (I won't be going to Windows 7 on this machine in the near future).

Because I am on the road about 200 days per year, I'll have to work with this situation until I can find the right Sprint/Dell resolution

I have tried the following versions:

06/12/2010  08:30 AM        26,161,491 DELL_MULTI-DEVICE_A01_R194239.exe
06/10/2010  05:40 PM        24,613,624 Dell_multi-device_A02_R159127.exe
06/09/2010  01:30 PM         8,355,224 DELL_MULTI-DEVICE_A02_R220208.exe
06/09/2010  10:01 AM        24,613,856 Dell_multi-device_A03_R159111.exe

The version that has chosen to work is:

R144966.exe

Let me know if you have any information that I may not have uncovered! ... especially if it has worked for you!!!

< ADMIN NOTE : Email id removed per privacy policy >

RJ Dake

No Events found!