Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 14th, 2018 18:00

Bluetooth Appears as Unknown Device

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3537, Windows 10 computer.

I have been having some problems with my Dell Wireless 1705 Bluetooth after reinstalling it. Prior to this the Bluetooth was working completely fine with no problems. However after reinstalling it I noticed that I can't seem to use it. Fn+F2 doesn't work, I don't see it in my icon tray, and I don't see it my devices.

In my device manager it doesn't show up under Network Adapters. Instead it shows under other devices as "Unknown device". When I try to update it either automatically or by folder it gives a "The data is invalid" error. In properties it tells me the device is not configured properly.

I did check and I do in fact have the latest driver for the Bluetooth which is the Dell Wireless 1705 Wifi + Bluetooth.

Apparently I'm not the only one having this problem because I have seen several posts about the same problem. I've tried the following so far and have yet to solve it:

• Uninstalling the device and driver completely, rebooting, and reinstalling.
  • Running the "Troubleshoot" for Bluetooth. Told me my device doesn't have Bluetooth.
  • Checking for updates on Windows Update, Dell Update, and on Dell's driver and downloads pages.
  • I checked to make sure Bluetooth services are running which they are.
  • Ran the SupportAssist and got an error saying I had a unknown USB device which I assume is the Bluetooth.

Any suggestions on how I can solve this?

Thank you.

No Responses!
No Events found!